Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Cash is king!

Salam to all,

Early August, l went to Sarawak to present paper at Malaysian Studies international Conference on social issue. I was there for 4 (four) days. The weather was extremely hot in the morning but rainy on the afternoon. Upun my arrival to KL, l was caught with fever and flu for almoat a week! I did not even touch my laptop for not being comfortable and not feeling very well. I spent time on reading and searhing for my additional resources for my phd research.

Last week, went to Melaka attending legal research and writing courses for 2 days. Followed with 2 days spent time at IIUM library and MU library for the books. I am very happy to see my old studying place (IIUM) which is closed to my heart.

During my college days, every time l went to Jaya Jusco or Carrefour, l would check my budget and expenses. Those days, we paid everything by cash. When we start working, we have the pelasure of using the plastic ( credit card). But, trust me, the latter cannot beat the satisfaction of paying based on your existing cash flow as you will not end up making debt day after day.

So, make sure you have marked three (3) categories in your cash flow : one third is your expenses, 1/3 will be your saving and 1/3 will be your investment / give it to your parents. Remember , the monwy that we give to our parents gives more blessings and peace of mind in our life.

Till then, pay as you go. If you cannot afford it in the first place, save your money
for a few months until you can afford it and pay by cash!If we practise it, we will reach independence by having debt free and peace of mind. That's one aspect of being financially independence.

Happy independence day and welcome Ramadan 1429H.

No comments: